How to add an application to the McAfee Firewall Program Permissions listEnvironment
All McAfee Security Suites for Windows
Affected Operating Systems:
Microsoft Windows 8, 8.1
Microsoft Windows 7
Microsoft Windows Vista
Microsoft Windows XP
This article provides information to assist you in creating an access rule for an application in the Program Permissions list requiring Internet access through your Firewall. Problem
Typically, the McAfee Firewall prompts you to accept or refuse an application's attempt to access the Internet. When you make your selection, the Firewall creates a rule to enforce your choice. Solution
If an application does not have a rule allowing it to access the Internet, your Firewall blocks the application to protect your computer.
You can manually add applications to the Program Permissions list using the following steps.
- Open your McAfee application.
- Click Web and Email Protection.
- Click Firewall.
- Click Internet Connections for Programs drawer.
NOTE: Depending on the version of the McAfee software you have installed, this may be called Program Permissions.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Add.
- Click Browse and locate the file you want to add.
- Select the application and click Open.
- Set the access type you want using the options in the Access drop-down menu.
- Click Save.
Previous Document ID