McAfee Online Backup End of Life AnnouncementEnvironment
McAfee Online Backup
McAfee Online Backup (MOBK) has reached End of Life. This announcement was originally published on July 31, 2014.
|End of Sale (EOS) of MOBK
|End of Access to Trial
(1 GB, 2 GB)
|December 31, 2014
|End of Life (EOL)
||December 31, 2014
|Last day backed up data
can be accessed
|December 31, 2014
How to remove McAfee Online Backup
NOTE: There are two standalone and two integrated installation types:
- Online Backup Unlimited Storage is the only McAfee application installed
- Online Backup Limited Storage is the only McAfee application installed
- Online Backup Unlimited Storage is accompanied by another McAfee Security suite
- Online Backup Limited Storage included as a feature of Total Protection or Internet Security suite
There are two different methods to uninstall MOBK, depending on the type of your installation. Please review both methods and select the appropriate option for your environment.
Manual Removal for integrated installations
The second method is for integrated installations where other McAfee products are installed on your computer. In this scenario, you can remove only the MOBK application from your computer leaving the McAfee Security suite in place.
These steps require advanced computer knowledge.
- Open a command prompt with administrator privileges.
NOTE: This process will not work correctly without administrator privileges.
- Click Start, and in the Search field, type cmd.exe.
- Right-click cmd.exe in the search results and select Run as administrator.
- If you are prompted by User account control, click Yes.
The command window will open. You will use this window in step 3, below.
- Determine OS bit level:
- Click Start, and in the Search field, type system.
- Click System Information in the Programs list.
- With System Summary selected in the navigation pane on the left, the Operating System information needed will be on the right:
- For a 64-bit version operating system: system type = x64-based PC.
- For a 32-bit version operating system: system type = x86-based PC.
- In the command prompt window that you opened in step 1, navigate to the appropriate application folder of MOBK for the bit level of the OS:
- For 64-bit environments, type the following command and press ENTER:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfeeMOBK\
- For 32-bit environments, type the following command and press ENTER:
cd C:\Program Files\McAfeeMOBK\
- To start the application removal, type the following command and press ENTER:
NOTE: The screen might briefly flash - this is normal. The desktop icons and SecurityCenter links will then be removed.
- Restart the computer when the process completes.
- Verify that the MOBK application is no longer present on the computer.