Unable to Install AT&T Internet Security Powered by McAfeeSolution
Unable to Install AT&T Internet Security Powered by McAfee
|Affected Suites: ||Affected Products: ||Affected Operating Systems: ||Affected Applications: |
|Internet Security Suite ||AntiSpyware |
|Windows 2000 |
|AT&T Yahoo! Browser |
Some customers may have difficulty installing the AT&T Internet Security Software. Possible issues may include:
- A screen that continuously reloads after the Serial code has been generated
- A blank or white screen that displays after you select the English Download option
- An error message stating The web site you are trying to access is closing down
If you receive any of the errors above, AT&T recommends you uninstall the AT&T Yahoo! browser and use Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Remove the AT&T Yahoo! browser.
- Click Start, Settings, and select Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Select AT&T Yahoo! Applications and click Change/Remove.
- Select the AT&T Yahoo! browser from the list.
- Click Uninstall, then click Yes.
Step 2: Reset your browser to Internet Explorer.
- Click Start, Settings, and select Internet Options.
- Click the Programs tab.
- Select Internet Explorer should check to see if it is the default browser.
- Click OK.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to http://att.software.yahoo.com and install the AT&T Internet Security Suite.