What is McAfee Mobile Security (MMS)?Environment
McAfee Mobile Security
Affected Mobile Devices:
What is McAfee Mobile Security (MMS)?
MMS is a mobile security service that allows you to do the following:
What are the supported platforms of MMS?
- Remotely lock the device preventing access to device functions
- Detect and remove viruses and spyware
- Track the SIM cards inserted in the device
- Remotely track the location of the device
- Back up personal data
- Restore personal data
- Wipe personal data from the device
- Block risky websites (Android only)
- Scan and review application permissions
- Set whitelist and blacklist blocking rules for calls and SMS (Android and Blackberry only)
What is the official website for MMSy?
- McAfee Mobile Security for Android
- Symbian (Nokia devices only)
- Windows Mobile*
- BlackBerry (McAfee Mobile Security
- Android 4.0,3.0, 2.3, 2.2, 2.1
- Symbian 9.4, 9.3, 9.2, 9.1
- Windows Mobile 6.5, 6.1, 6.0
- BlackBerry 7.0,5.0, 4.7, 4.6, 4.5
Can I download it directly from my phone browser?
Yes. To download, go to http://m.mcafeemobilesecurity.com
. It automaticallys detect your phone model so you can easily download and install.
Can I also download it from Appstore?
Yes. You can download it from any major Appstore such as Android Market, BlackBerry, AppWorld, and GetJar.
I have McAfee WaveSecure on my device, can I still install MMS?
Yes, you can run both applications on your device.
How can I make sure MMS will not be easily uninstalled by a thief or unauthorized user?
For Android (2.2 and above), you can select MMS as a device admin application. This makes MMS more reliable and more difficult for anyone to uninstall without a PIN/password.
You cannot uninstall Symbian and Windows Mobile versions of MMS without typing your WaveSecure PIN.
What are the different License types and features?
||All direct and most OEM builds start with a seven-day trial.
||Contacts Backup is free. In this free mode, all other features are unavailable.
||Standard subscription type is one year.