How to install SafeKey on a PC or MacEnvironment
McAfee All Access
Affected Operating Systems:
Microsoft Windows (all supported versions)
Apple OSX (all supported versions)
SafeKey allows you to create a secure central storage location for all your passwords.Video Tutorial
After you install and log into SafeKey, each time you type a password on the web, SafeKey prompts you to choose whether or not to store the password. SafeKey can also store secure online shopping profiles that contain your credit card numbers, account numbers, billing and shipping addresses, or any other frequently used personal information. When you need to provide the information, SafeKey completes those forms with only a few clicks.
You can watch a video about installing McAfee All Access - SafeKey on your PC on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd5lVq_9Haw.Solution
You can watch a video about installing McAfee LiveSafe - SafeKey on your PC on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRpHiFheHJg.
Download and run the SafeKey installer from MyAccount
- Save any open work.
- Open a web browser and go to http://home.mcafee.com.
- Click My Account.
- Log in with your All Access or LiveSafe My Account credentials.
- In the My Password Manager section, click Get Started. If you have already installed SafeKey on a device, click Add another user.
- Select the icon for PC or Mac and click Download. If you want to send an install link to another device, select that device type and click Send Link.
An install link is then emailed to you.
- Select your product (McAfee All Access - SafeKey or McAfee LiveSafe - SafeKey) and click Download.
- Write down the activation code for SafeKey.
- Click Start Download.
- Save the installer file to your Desktop or another location you will remember.
- Double-click the SafeKey installer you downloaded, and click Run or Continue if prompted.
NOTE: Mac users - Safari requires an additional interaction to install plugins. You see a window prompting you to click a link to install SafeKey for Safari. You must also click Install when you are prompted with Are you sure you want to install the extension "McAfee SafeKey"?
Complete the SafeKey installation and sign-up process
Enable SafeKey in your web browser
- Click Next on the initial SafeKey introduction screen.
- Select I need a McAfee SafeKey account and click Next.
If you already have a SafeKey account, select that option, click Next, and type your login credentials.
- Type the requested account information.
SafeKey automatically closes any open web browsers to install the SafeKey secure plugin.
- Click OK on the installation confirmation screen.
You can access SafeKey via your web browser. However, most browsers require additional steps to enable the add-on the first time you use it after installation.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click Choose Add-ons on the hover menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Enable for SafeKey.
- Click Done.
- Open Firefox.
- Click the Firefox menu and select Add-ons.
- Select Recent Updates.
- Select McAfee SafeKey and click Enable.
- Click the Restart now link to restart Firefox.
- Open Chrome.
- Select the Menu icon and select Extensions.
- Select Enabled.
You now see the SafeKey icon in your menu bar. To log in, click the icon, and type the credentials you created in the preceding steps.