How to change the six-digit PIN for Mobile Security or WaveSecureEnvironment
McAfee Mobile Security
This article will help you change your six-digit PIN. This process requires that you know your previous six-digit PIN to authenticate the PIN change.Solution
NOTE: Ensure that Mobile Security or WaveSecure is properly installed on your device and that your subscription is up to date before proceeding.
To change the six-digit PIN from your mobile device
- Open Mobile Security or WaveSecure.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap General Settings.
- Tap Change PINand follow the on-screen instructions.
To reset the six-digit PIN from the web portal
- Go to https://www.mcafeemobilesecurity.com for Mobile Security or https://www.wavesecure.com for WaveSecure.
- Log in using either your Mobile Security or WaveSecure user name and PIN, or your McAfee email address and password.
- Select Settings.
- Select General Settings.
- Select Change PIN and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you have forgotten your previous six-digit PIN, or the PIN you are trying is not working, request PIN reset instructions:
- Go to either of the following:
For Mobile Security: https://www.mcafeemobilesecurity.com
For WaveSecure: https://www.wavesecure.com
- Click Forgot your PIN at the top of the page.
A link with PIN reset instructions is the sent to your registered email.
- Follow the instructions to reset the PIN.
If you are unable to change the six-digit PIN, contact McAfee Support at http://service.mcafee.com
with the following information:
- Name of the application. In other words, WaveSecure or Mobile Security.
- Your username (phone number for smartphone and email address for tablet).
- Your registered email address or McAfee Account.
- The IMEI/MEID number of your device (Android ID for tablets).
- Your registered buddy name and email address for verification.