What version of the McAfee Security software do I have?Environment
McAfee Windows Security ProductsSummary
Windows 8, 8.1
This article helps you determine which version of McAfee Security software (and corresponding point products) is installed on your computer. Solution
NOTE: Build numbers are only required by Technical Support agents to assist them in troubleshooting.
To locate the build numbers for your software, perform these steps:
- Double-click the M icon in the tool tray, or the M shortcut on your desktop.
- On the home screen of your Security Suite, click the About link in the lower right of the window. A new dialog box opens, listing the versions of the installed point products of your suite.
- If you do not see this window after a few moments, try moving the McAfee home screen, (the About box might be hidden below the current window).
- Do not worry if some items are missing from your list. Only the point products installed on your system will appear in the list. Point products that are not listed can be installed at a later date.
- 2015 Total Protection, Internet Security Suite, or AntiVirus Plus:
Parental Controls: 16.x
File Lock: 5.x
QuickClean and Shredder: 14.x
Vulnerability Scanner 4.x
- 2014 Total Protection, Internet Security Suite, or AntiVirus Plus:
Parental Controls: 15.x
File Lock: 4.x
QuickClean and Shredder: 13.x
Vulnerability Scanner 3.x
- 2013 Total Protection, Internet Security Suite, or AntiVirus Plus:
Parental Controls: 14.x
File Lock: 3.x
QuickClean and Shredder: 12.x
Vulnerability Scanner 2.x
- 2012 Total Protection, Internet Security Suite, or AntiVirus Plus:
NOTE: The 2012 products are End of Life and no longer supported. Intel Security recommends upgrading to the latest Security Suite version available.
Personal Firewall: 12.x
Parental Controls: 13.x
File Lock: 2.x
QuickClean and Shredder: 11.x