How to install SiteAdvisorEnvironment
Affected Operating Systems:
Microsoft Windows 8, 8.1
Microsoft Windows 7
Microsoft Windows Vista
Microsoft Windows XP
Apple Mac OS X 10.7 (or later)
To install the free standalone version of SiteAdvisor:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open your web browser.
- Go to http://SiteAdvisor.com.
- Click Free Download.
- Click Save and select a location to save the SiteAdvisor setup file.
NOTE: Depending on your web browser and settings, you might need to click a bar or button to allow the file download.
- After the download completes, run the installer.
- Click Run in the do you want to run this software? dialog box to begin installing SiteAdvisor.
- Click Install.
- Modify any settings on the final installation screen, then select Reboot Later or Reboot Now. SiteAdvisor will not be fully installed until you restart your computer.
After you restart your computer, your browser might prompt you to select if McAfee Secure Search should be your default search provider. McAfee recommends this for security reasons. For more information on Secure Search features, see TS100596