How to install SiteAdvisorEnvironment
Microsoft Windows 8, 8.1
Microsoft Windows 7
Microsoft Windows Vista
Microsoft Windows XP
Apple Mac OS X 10.7 (or later)
Apple Safari (Mac)
Google Chrome (PC and Mac)
Microsoft Internet Explorer (PC)
Mozilla Firefox (PC and Mac)
- SiteAdvisor for Mac does not display a toolbar in recent versions of Firefox. Annotations and site warnings are still fully functional.
- SiteAdvisor does not currently support Chrome Profiles. McAfee is assessing Profiles, and may implement support for them in a future version.
To install the free standalone version of SiteAdvisor:
- Open your web browser.
- Go to http://siteadvisor.com.
- Click Download.
NOTE: Depending on your operating system and browser, you can purchase SiteAdvisor Live or download the free version by clicking the appropriate buttons on the site and following the on-screen instructions.
- Click Save and select a location to save the SiteAdvisor setup file.
NOTE: Depending on your web browser and settings, you might need to click a bar or button to allow the file download.
- After the download completes, run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions.
NOTE: After you restart your web browser you might be prompted to select McAfee Secure Search as your default search provider. McAfee recommends this for security reasons.