What is McAfee's refund policy?Issue Description
If your request is within 30 days of a product purchase, we will gladly provide you a full refund. McAfee does not provide partial refunds.
If you are an individual user and acquired products or services for your personal use (in other words, not for business purposes), you can cancel your purchase from McAfee and obtain a refund within a set time frame from the original purchase. If the purchase is outside the following time frames, the refund will be denied.
- 30 days for Subscription Services
- 30 days for Perpetual Product Download
- 30 days for Retail Products
If your subscription has been automatically renewed, McAfee will gladly provide you a full refund if your request is made within 60 days of being charged.NOTE:
Retail products are products purchased in a box from a retail store. You might have to to email Customer Service with proof of when the product was purchased. Solution
Contact Customer Service
McAfee strives to deliver quality products, service, and support. If you are within the time frame for refund and would like to request a refund, contact one of our customer service representatives at our Customer Service Homepage:
If you cancel your purchase, you must either return the software or uninstall it from your computer. For instructions on how to uninstall your specific product do the following:Windows XP
- From the Start menu, click Settings, Control Panel, and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Highlight your McAfee product and click Add/Remove.
NOTE: If you are using Windows 2000 or XP, choose Change to display the Windows installer.
- Follow the prompts in the uninstallation wizard.
- When the product has been successfully removed, restart your computer.
Previous Document ID
- From the Start menu, select Control Panel.
- Click the Uninstall a program option under the Programs category.
NOTE: If you are using the Control Panel Classic View, you must double-click Programs and Features instead of Uninstall a program.
- Select your McAfee product from the list and click Uninstall.
- You might receive a confirmation request for the uninstall. Click Yes. Windows Vista might also prompt you to allow the uninstall program access to your computer. Click Allow.
- Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation wizard.
- After you have successfully removed the product, restart your computer.