How to cancel a free subscription trialSolution
Free subscription trials cancel automatically if you allow the trial time to expire. After the free subscription has expired, you will be notified by email to purchase the subscription. Delete the email and take no further action if you do not want to make a purchase.
For more information about canceling an auto-renewal at the end of your free trial, see: http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=CS40021
Because McAfee trial services remain on your computer after expiration, you must uninstall your trial subscription after it expires.
After the trial period expires, you will not be able to receive updates for the expired software.
To automatically uninstall your trial subscription, perform the following steps to run the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool (MCPR.exe
). This tool has been specifically designed to locate and remove all McAfee files from your computer.
- Ensure that all McAfee application windows are closed.
- Click the following link to download MCPR.exe:
- If you receive a security alert, click Yes.
- Use one of the following options to run the tool:
- Click Run to execute the tool immediately.
- Click Save, select a location on your computer, navigate to the location where the file was saved, and double-click MCPR.exe to run the tool.
Perform the following steps to manually uninstall your trial subscription:
- Click Start, Settings, Control Panel.
- Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
- Highlight your McAfee product and click Add/Remove.
NOTE: For Windows XP click Change instead of Add/Remove.
- Click Next.
- Select Uninstall, and then click Next.
- When the uninstallation completes, click Finish. You might be prompted to restart your computer.
Previous Document ID
For help purchasing a McAfee subscription call us at (866) 622-3911, Daily, 8AM-8PM CST.
If you prefer to purchase through our website, follow the instructions in CS40069